Friday, March 18, 2011

NO FLY ZONE IS IMPOSED ON LIBYA

The Security Council imposed a "no fly zone" in Libya at last. I never thought they'd do that because they had seemed inclined not to. But it's good news for the people of Libya no matter how it happened. It means is Kadaffy does not stand down immediately from his air offencive against the rebels, that his anti aircraft artillery will be taken out by British jets. So far there are conflicting reports as to whether Kadaffy intends to pull off his jets, or be subject to bombings. Any way you look at it it's good news for the Libyan people. People like Monica and Pat Buchannon from the Mc Laughlin group don't like it because it's occurring during a liberal presidential administration. That's how Republicans get when the opposition is in power. We'll all just have to keep our fingers crossed on this matter. Of course some commentators fear this could drag the United States into a third war, but I just don't see that happening at all.

Now they have to remind people on the West Coast not to take those potassium iodide capsules used to ward off radiation effects. This is because the radiation that arrived today on the West Coast is only one billionth of the danger level. Of course any one of the reactors could completely melt down at any time. But they don't want to try the Cheyrnoble solution yet, which is to bury the entire complex in sand and concrete. They want that as a last resort, but in my opinion perhaps a "last resort" done now will prevent danger to personnel and everybody else in the immediate future. My philosophy is to remedy a problem while it's still not too big to deal with it. This will be the final posting on this blog for a while, and I'll see you on another blog in a few days, but I haven't checked to see which one that is yet.

OK HERE IS A SHORT QUIZ OF BEATLES SONGS OPENING LINES

"You'll never know how much I really love you"
"Close your eyes and I'll kiss you"
"I've got something to say that might cause you pain"
"This happened once before"
"You tell lies thinking I can't see"
"Here I stand, head in hands"
"I've got a word to say- about - - "
"Is there anybody going to listen to my story"
"Sir or Madam"
"When I wake up early in the morning"
"Let me tell you how it will be"
"In the Town where I was born"
"Day after day"
"I told you about Strawberry Fields"
"She was a working girl"
"Joan was quizical"
"When I find myself in time of trouble"

WHICH BEATLE CD DID I NOT QUOTE FROM?

No comments: